If you're not doing the OPEN, please come do this WOD in the morning classes. There are so many beautiful things about this WOD that you're going to enjoy. Here is why I love it:
1) Your traps will be sore from the hang cleans- these are muscles that can always stand to get stronger and they make you look really good in tank tops.
2) Push Ups are hard, but so good for you. Never underestimate a standard body-weight pushup. Break up your sets of 30 and 20 into 5s if you need, but with quick rest between sets.
3) Your legs will be on fire from the squat cleans, but will get some recovery from the bike or row. Don't let that fool you, the bike or row will still be challenging, but you'll get the gains from the squats with a little less soreness than you might if you didn't row or bike right after.
4) The bikes are lonely, but very potent and important in your training. :-)
5) The descending rep scheme will keep you motivated to keep going, because that set of 10 is within reach...
6) Any "squat, pull, push" triplet is invigorating and refreshing to the soul. Enjoy.
Workout of the Day
Hang Squat Cleans (115/75)
Calorie Bike or Row
*For those coming Friday night- The gym will be open by 3pm for those in the 3:30 heat or those coming to help judge that 3:30 heat. Please ask your captains or email email@example.com if you have any questions between 8pm tonight and your heat time tomorrow. I'll try to check email at least 2x tomorrow for any last minute concerns.
I can't wait to watch you workout!!
Posted on Thu, March 2, 2017
by Dana Soprano